Thursday, April 29, 2010

Where it all Began!


It all started in Springfield, Illinois. Cadbury loved to swim and jump, so a friend of mine introduced me to the wonderful sport of Dock Jumping. I found the closest event to our home, which turned out to be the Illinois State Fair.

This was Cadburys debut. The rules stipulate that all competitors must be 6 months old. Cadbury started out slow with a meek 8'1" jump which placed her in the Novice division. I was beside myself that Cadbury even jumped off the dock into the water as she has never been exposed to a dock prior.


As the weekend progressed, I found Cadbury improving on

her first jump. Cadbury's next jump was a 10'1". This jump

placed her in the Junior division. Five waves later, and an

increase up to 14'7", Cadbury earned herself a national Junior title.




Cadbury's Junior title earned her an invite to the

National Championship in October.




No comments:

Post a Comment